True Pleasure in True Religion

"A holy heavenly life spent in the service of God, and in communion with Him, is, without doubt, the most pleasant and comfortable life any man can live in this world." - Matthew Henry

My Photo
Name:
Location: California, United States

Hello to the blogging world. I hope that this page can turn into a forum that facilitates spiritual growth. By the Grace of God, I trust that we can participate in reasonable disputations and learn from our misunderstandings of eachother and varied viewpoints. I hope that this blog will be a safe-haven for the pursuit of truth in a world that often denies the existence of certitude.

Friday, May 12, 2006

Da Vinci Dilemma Solved!!!


Thanks to a post that I recently came across, my afore mentioned dilemma concerning the Da Vinci code has been solved. Rhett Smith, college pastor of Bel-Air Presbyterian, was really the one that solved it for me - and I bet this wasn't even his intention when he made his comment. The afore mentioned dilemma went something like this:

- I believe that it is intellectually dishonest to speak against something unless one has studied the subject of debate.
- I have no desire to support Mr. Brown's story.

So what is the solution? It's so simple. How could I not see this before... the library! I won't buy the book or pay to see the movie. But I will still get to be properly informed.

Now the next step is to actually make the time to read it.

3 Comments:

Blogger Aspiring Girl said...

The sad thing is the minute you try to have an intellectual conversation with any Joe-Blow, especially concerning things like the Code, they back off getting all weirded out.
It's amazing the ignorant culture that we live in- it seems no one wants to use their brain...
*shocking*

2:09 PM  
Blogger Frank Martens said...

It's actually rediculous to use this movie/book as a means to debate against christianity. And any well known philisophical professor (say from Stanford or something) would agree with this.

11:15 AM  
Blogger Frank Martens said...

I paid for the movie and the book :( Does that mean I'm in trouble?

1:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home